2013.04.10 Working Group Agenda and Minutes

    Table of contents
    No headers

    Agenda and Minutes for the April 10, 2013 Working Group Meeting

    Attending: Catrinamonblue, Druth, Eliza, Santoshima, Stevenaia
    Apologies: Bleu


    Item 0 - The meeting began by playfully delegating everything to Bleu, who was not present. ^.^

    Item 1 - Roles of Members

    Stevenaia wrote:

    The first order of business should be the election of the next Chairperson to set the agenda and run the group meetings, Vice Chairperson(s) to step in in times of the Chairperson's absence  and Secretary to take the minutes and post them to the Wiki after approval.
     
    Nominations and seconds were made, resulting in unanimously agreed upon WG make-up of Stevenaia continuing as Chair, Catrinamonblue as Co-Chair, Eliza continuing as Recording Secretary, with Bleu, San, and Druth as San deemed "Members-at-Large." :)
     
    Item 2 - The next item is when to have future meeting

    Potential times were given by Bleu through email, and other members during the meeting. It was decided to take more time with this through emails. Monday or Tuesday is likely, with a possible change to a morning time.
     
    Item 3 - Additional items added at the time of the meeting
     
    All working group members  are free to put any item on the agenda of their own or as suggested by other guardians on their behalf.

    3a. New Guardians
    No names were put forth for new guardians. The group was impressed with one new guardian's quick jumping in to fill a session and learning of claiming and posting, and was glad to see another new guardian had taken part in weekend retreat events. 

    3b. Land Allotments
    San mentioned that new guardians may not be aware that they are able to have and build on a plot in the village, and that older guardians who have progressed in building skills may benefit from a reminder. All agreed.  
    Action: Eliza to email Storm (done). Update: Storm will send an email to the main group with helpful information and pointers.

    3c. Google Group Shenanigans
    Raffila and San have both expressed difficulty with email messages from the PlayasBeing group not coming through or coming through sporatically. Eliza checked and saw no obvious issue, but will be sending an email to Google with this question and a previous one regarding attachments that were reported to have been received inconsistently. 

    With this question also rose the question of who currently adds new guardians to the Wiki. For now the answer to that is Eliza but others also have permissions. This may be something to come back to revisit, along with other tasks.
     
    3d. Thoughts on Party and Ghost Pavilion
    stevenaia Michinaga: I missed the big blowout: looked like great fun: finally we have movies :)
    Eliza (eliza.madrigal) nods... as usual I think there will be a bit of recovery time

              druth Vlodovic: Xiri films inc
              stevenaia Michinaga: Virtual hangover? interesting
              Eliza (eliza.madrigal): the last session was at ghost pavilion which is really impressive
              druth Vlodovic: ty: part of it's function is supposed to into people to the sim,which it isn't set up for yet:
              I have to find a way to put a group invite to the friends group there

              Eliza : Cal at some point had items on his spot that led to other places, maybe he could help?
              druth Vlodovic: I'll ask him about it, thanks
              druth Vlodovic: of course, if anyone finds anything objectionable there please let me know

    Druth then asked whether everything on the wiki was "fair game" in the sense of permissible to use with the ghost pavilion. The answer given was yes, but that it is better to ask when in doubt. The exception was not posting of RL information. Druth expressed that the intention for the ghost pavilion is to make it easier for anyone find information about the sim and guardians, and we talked a little about previous efforts, such as SophiaSharon's work with making a bookshelf for the the wiki scribe project accessible inworld. 


    Aside: 
    druth Vlodovic: perfect paradise is having a b-day party btw, might be worth telling people since there is a lot of personal overlap there
    (All agreed)


    3e. Question of Group Meeting or Art Collaboration with Kira Japan 

    NOTE: Recording secretary apologizes for long (though edited) chat text yet felt it was easiest to convey this way. Also, she has moved the order of this item down by one due to its length, with concern that item 3d. might be buried. :)
     

    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): this morning a visitor from kira japan came to session at the end...someone I'd met briefly once before: she is an artist or art historian... (name removed), and seemed interested in the art exhibit: and said PaB was a mystery to her...

    stevenaia Michinaga: me too, that's why I keep coming back

    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): so I suggested we may want to overlap in some way, since friends of pab can participate. It might be nice to do a kind of exchange of their group talking to us, someone from, and vice versa: not sure about it but think to mention
    druth Vlodovic: maybe a few combined meetings: what theme might interest both groups?: or activity?
    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): really hard for translations for some reason, but they discuss philosophy, medicine, art

    druth Vlodovic: we'd need to find a good unobtrusive translator and hand it out
    San (santoshima): cannot SL viewer translate?
    druth Vlodovic: though i have heard that they have a hard time doing Japanese to english
    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): I think Japanese is harder for this
    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): I couldn't tell if she was that interested... but I would be :)
    druth Vlodovic: SL viewer used to but then google started charging for the service and it got disabled

    stevenaia Michinaga: do they have a structure to their organization? someone to contact
    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): Oh they have been meeting a long time and quite a significant group
    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): I think that would be Almond (also on "Kira Team"), so I could add that to my Storm email :)           
    stevenaia Michinaga: perhaps we can invite to the guardian's meeting sometime and exchange possible topics
    druth Vlodovic: or maybe adopt one of theirs as a week's topic: using their intro
    stevenaia Michinaga: invite them to Friends O PaB group

    Eliza (eliza.madrigal): I like the idea of having these kinds of groups overlaps but not so easy to pull off even with same language: that's what I suggested as a possibility with the art, which is another angle: speaking through artwork: shared theme

     

    UPDATE: Storm expressed similar concerns regarding translation but discussion is still open
     
    Tag page (Edit tags)
    • No tags
    You must login to post a comment.
    Powered by MindTouch Core